Great food for kids, it’s fun to eat these tasty chicken noodles with child-friendly chopsticks that are joined at the top
- 150g chicken breast fillet
- 2½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- Quarter tsp finely chopped red chilli (not suitable for babies)
- 75g baby sweetcorn
- 75g each carrots and courgettes, cut into thin strips
- 75g beansprouts
- Half tbsp mild curry powder (not suitable for babies)
- 4 tbsp strong chicken stock
- 90g small peeled prawns
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150g Chinese noodles
- For the marinade:
- 1 tsp each soy sauce and sake (not suitable for babies)
- 1.2 tsp sugar (not suitable for babies)
- 1 tsp cornflour
Mix together the marinade ingredients in a bowl, cut the chicken into thin strips, add to the bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, add the egg and fry to make a thin omelette. Remove from the pan and cut into ribbons. Heat a tablespoon of oil in the pan or a wok and sauté the garlic and chilli, if using, for 30 seconds. Drain the chicken, add to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Add the baby sweetcorn and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the courgettes and beansprouts and cook for 2 minutes. Stir the curry powder into the stock and add to the wok. Return the chicken to the pan with prawns, spring onions and egg and fry for 2 minutes.
Cook the noodles in boiling, lightly salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, mix with the stir fry and heat through.
Video of the Week
If you prefer, you can replace the prawns with pork or more chicken. For extra flavour, fry the beaten egg in half a tablespoon of sesame oil.