This healthy steak salad with peppers, courgettes, beetroot and rocket and chard leaves contains less than 10g fat per person.
- 150g(5oz) rump steak, trimmed of all fat
- 2½ tsp olive oil
- ½ red and ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and halved
- 1 large courgette, trimmed and cut into 8 long, thin slices
- 4-6 cooked baby beetroot, cut into wedges
- Handful of rocket and chard leaves per person
- 4tsp sweet chilli sauce, for serving
Rub the steak on both sides with ½ tsp of the oil and leave at room temperature for 10 mins, then cook it on a hot griddle for 2-3 mins each side. Set aside for 10 mins on a plate.
Brush the vegetable strips with the rest of the oil and griddle until browned and tender. Arrange them on 2 warm plates.
Cut the steak into thin slices and arrange among the vegetables, with the beetroot wedges. Add rocket and chard leaves, and serve with a little dish of chilli sauce, for dipping. (Not suitable for freezing).
<strong>Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says:</strong> Steak may seem expensive, but it stretches a lot further when you serve it sliced like this, so it’s actually quite economical.