This easy meatball recipe really couldn’t be simpler. Just make the meatballs and put them in your slow cooker with the sauce and leave to simmer
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50g wholemeal bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 150ml boiling water
Mix together the beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and herbs. Shape into 16 small balls.
Place the meatballs in the slow cooker, add the tomatoes, tomato puree, mushrooms and stock. Cook on High for 3 hours.
Video of the Week
Delicious served with buttered pasta.