Pork steaks with cashew nut salsa, made with cucumber, lime, coriander and chilli, work well in this Bill Granger recipe.
- 4 x 200g pork loin steaks
- Extravirgin olive oil, to brush
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the cashew nut salsa
- 1 large cucumber
- 60ml lime juice
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tsp sugar
- 2 coriander roots, finely chopped
- 65g roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- Small handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- To serve
- Blanched asparagus
- Iceberg lettuce
For the salsa, halve, peel, deseed and finely dice the cucumber. Place in a bowl with all the other ingredients and toss to mix. Set aside.
Heat a griddle or heavy-based frying pan over a high heat. Brush the pork steaks with olive oil and season well. Cook them for 3-4 mins on each side, depending on thickness, until cooked through.
Serve the pork steaks with the asparagus, lettuce and cashew nut salsa.
Video of the Week
Bill's tip: 'I like to make the cashew salsa before cooking the steaks, to give the flavours time to meld and soften.'