A simple salad recipe with a French twist, this blue cheese salad is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or a light evening meal.
- 1 small baguette, cut into 20 slices
- About 200g (7oz) mixed salad leaves, including radicchio and frisée
- 150g (5oz) St Agur cheese
- (Roquefort would taste just as good in this salad both are available from supermarkets or your local cheese shop)
- 30g (1oz) chopped toasted walnuts
- For the dressing
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3tbsp extravirgin olive oil
Set the grill to hot. Toast the slices of baguette. Cool a few minutes. Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk all the ingredients together. Arrange salad leaves on a plate.
Roughly spread a little cheese on to the toast with a fork. Tuck the cheesy baguette slices into the salad leaves. Scatter with walnuts and spoon the dressing over. (Not suitable for freezing).
Video of the Week
<strong>Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says:</strong> Auvergne cheese is best eaten at room temperature, so take it out of the fridge an hour before serving.