Celery is a food that is very low in calories and it’s said to help prevent cancer, so this celery, avocado and walnut salad is tasty and really good for you too.
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon
- 4 sticks of celery, cut into strips lengthways
- 2 avocados skinned and diced
- 40g (1 1/2oz) chopped walnuts
- 4 spring onions cut into strips
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150ml (10tbsp) mayonnaise
- To serve
- Mixed leaf salad
Grill the bacon on a wire rack so the fat can escape and the bacon crisps up.
Mix the celery, avocado, walnuts and spring onions together in a bowl with the lemon juice.
Fold in the mayonnaise to bind the salad together.
Arrange the salad leaves on a plate and place the celery mixture in the centre.
Garnish with the crispy bacon cut into strips.