Make delicious cheesy mushrooms as a vegetarian starter or turn them into a filling main served with brown rice and a side salad
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 75g basmati rice, cooked
- 150g fresh baby spinach, blanched, drained & chopped
- Pinch nutmeg
- 25g Dolcelatte (or any vegetarian blue cheese), crumbled
- 4 flat mushrooms or portabello mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- To serve:
- Tomato and lettuce for the salad
Preheat the oven to 190º C/375º F/Gas Mark 5.
Heat half the oil in a pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic until golden, then place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
Add the next four ingredients and mix well together to create the stuffing. Divide into four and fill the mushroom caps.
Use the remaining oil to grease the base of a roasting tin. Place the mushrooms in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
Serve with a tomato and lettuce salad - we've got a great <a href="http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/492961/three-tomato-salad">three tomato salad</a> you could do and just add lettuce to it