When time is short and you want an easy to put together meal to feed the family then this Chicken and Vegetable Bake is just right. Just put all the ingredients together in a large roasting tin, pop it in the oven and there’s the whole meal ready for you – no need to add any extra vegetables before serving unless you want to.
- 8 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 leeks, trimmed and cut into thick slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flat leaved parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 200⁰C /400⁰F /Fan 180⁰C /Gas Mark 6 to start this chicken leg recipe
Put the vegetables into a large roasting tin.
Arrange the chicken legs on top, spreading everything out as evenly as you can.
Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle on the herbs . Using your hands, coat everything in the oil and herbs as evenly as you can.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cook for 45 – 50 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the chicken cooked and golden or until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the flesh.
You can use chicken thighs in this recipe if you prefer – simply reduce the cooking time accordingly. This recipe can be served with a gravy.