Chicken and tarragon go so well together in these flavoursome, filling pies – and the best bit is they only take half an hour to make.
- ½ x 375g (13oz) packet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 100g (3½ oz) baby button mushrooms
- 295g (10½ oz) can of condensed chicken soup
- Handful of tarragon leaves, chopped
- Buttered green beans, to serve
Unroll the pastry and cut out four 7.5cm (3in) squares. Place on a baking tray and cook at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6) for 12 mins or until puffed and golden.
Cut each chicken breast into five pieces and fry in the olive oil for 3 mins or until golden. Add the mushrooms, chicken soup, half of the tarragon leaves and 200ml (7fl oz) water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the remaining tarragon leaves and spoon the chicken mixture into four bowls. Top each with a pastry square and serve with buttered green beans.
<strong>Top tip:</strong> Double up the mixture and freeze some for another time. Then thaw out and gently heat through before topping with the pastry.