You might think the peach is a weird addition to this couscous salad but it brings a wonderfully fruity flavour. Filling and under 300 cals, this salad is a healthy lunch option
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 100g dried couscous
- grated zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 2tbsps chopped fresh coriander
- 1 peach, stoned and chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ green or yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 175g cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced into bite size pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, pour the hot chicken stock over the couscous, stir in the lemon zest and juice and 1 tablespoon of the coriander. Cover with cling film and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Fluff up the couscous with a fork, transfer to a serving dish and leave to cool completely.
When cool, stir in the chopped peach, tomatoes, spring onions and pepper and check the seasoning.
Stir in the chicken (or pop it on top of the salad) and then scatter the remaining coriander over it.
Chill until ready to use or transfer to a lunchbox and keep cool.
For a vegetarian option, you could use the same weight of cooked Quorn pieces instead of the chicken.