The ideal party snack, these potato cakes are so easy to make and are really tasty – especially with some chilly philly dip!
- 600g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g fresh coriander, chopped
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100g fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sesame oil
- 150g Philadelphia Light with Sweet Chilli
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
To make the potato cakes, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and mash until smooth.
Stir in the egg yolk, coriander, spring onions and lemon zest. Season to taste.
Mix well together and shape into about 16-20 small cakes. Put the breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll the cakes firmly in the crumbs. Heat the oil in a heavy based non stick frying pan and cook the potato cakes for 3-4 minutes on both sides or until browned and heated through.
Meanwhile make the sauce. Put the Philly and lime juice in a small basin and mix together. Add the mayo and stir to give a soft consistency. Serve the hot potatoes cakes with the Philly dipping sauce.
Video of the Week
You could use regular cream cheese if you can't find sweet chilli flavoured or you could flavour it with your own herbs and spices