You have to try this indulgent and zesty chocolate crust mascarpone pudding for a crowd-pleasing dessert. Topped with fresh mango and raspberries and crushed ginger nut as the biscuit base, this mouth-watering chocolate mascarpone pudding is perfect if you’re in the mood for something sweet.
- 250g packet ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 200g bar dark chocolate, melted
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 x 250g cartons mascarpone
- Juice and zested rind of 2 limes
- 3-4 level tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp smooth raspberry jam
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 125g raspberries
- 20cm round, loose-bottomed sandwich tin, lined with cling film
Stir the crushed biscuits into the melted chocolate and stir well to coat in the chocolate. Tip the mixture into the cake tin and then use the back of a spoon to press it firmly against the sides and base. Chill the case until the chocolate sets.
Remove the case from the tin, peel away the cling film and place it on a serving plate.
Beat together the mascarpone, juice and the rind from 1 lime and icing sugar to taste. Fill the case with it.
Beat the jam with 1 tbsp boiling water to soften it, then stir in the mango and raspberries. Spoon on top of the mascarpone mixture and scatter over the remaining lime zest.
This dessert is best eaten on the day it’s made.