Chocolate toffee parfait has layers of homemade ice cream, caramel sauce and sticky fudge topped with warm chocolate sauce to make an impressive chocolate dessert
- 100g roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 200ml Carnation condensed milk
- 500ml double cream
- 150g plain chocolate, melted
- 100g fudge, finely chopped
- 150ml caramel sauce (we used Bonne Maman Confiture de Caramel)
- Ready made chocolate sauce, warmed to serve
Line a 2lb loaf tin with clingfilm and sprinkle the base with 25g hazelnuts. Pour the condensed milk and double cream into a bowl and whisk until it forms soft peaks. Spoon half the mixture into another bowl. Stir the melted chocolate through one and fold the remaining hazelnuts and fudge through the other.
Pour half of the hazelnut and fudge mix into the base of the loaf tin and top with half of the chocolate mix. Cover with the caramel sauce, then repeat the layers. Put in the freezer to set for a minimum of 4 hrs.
To serve, remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate, drizzle with the chocolate sauce and serve in slices.
If you're a fan of salted caramel, stir a little flaked sea salt through the caramel sauce before you add it to the parfait.