Meaty fresh crab combined with crème fraiche, tangy grapefruit and fresh chives makes a great topping on ciabatta toasts.
- 1 small ciabatta loaf
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp half-fat crème fraiche
- 1tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, segmented and roughly chopped
- 300g fresh white crab meat
- Black pepper
- 1tbsp chopped fresh chives
Preheat the grill to medium.
Slice the ciabatta loaf diagonally into 8 thin slices. Season and brush each slice with olive oil and grill on both sides until golden.
In a small bowl, mix together 1tbsp of olive oil, most of the lime juice, crème fraiche, mayonnaise and chopped green chilli. Fold in the grapefruit and crab meat.
Season with black pepper then spoon crab mixture onto ciabatta. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with a squeeze of fresh lime.