The exotic flavour of coconut milk makes these prawns a rich and tasty treat. Though if you’re not a fan of seafood, try adapting the recipe to use with chicken- it should work just as well.
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- Large knob of fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced into sticks
- 100g creamed coconut from a block, grated
- 200g frozen prawns, thawed
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and shredded
- Sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a pan, add the red pepper and ginger and cook gently over a moderate heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Mix the coconut with 200ml hot water. Pour into the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the pepper has softened.
Add the prawns and warm through. Season and stir in the onions. Serve immediately. You can use the rest of the bag of prawns in a sandwich, or to make prawn cocktails.