Triple tested: Not strictly veggie but oh-so tasty and easy to make when you’re short of time! Serve it with warm ciabatta to mop up your bowl. Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of2 lemons, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Check you've got
- 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g petits pois, defrosted
- 3x170g tins crabmeat, drained
- n350g spaghetti or linguine
Heat the oil, chilli and garlic over a very low heat for 10 mins – the garlic should soften, but not colour. Add the peas and cook for 1 min, stirring.
Mix in the lemon, crab and parsley, season well, and allow to heat through.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per pack instructions. Drain and add the crab mixture. Stir through and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Tinned tuna makes a good alternative to crab - make sure you've got some in the cupboard just in case!