A fresh, fruity alternative (or addition to!) Christmas pudding for your festive dessert. But just as good eaten any other time of year, and it couldn’t be easier to make.
- 2 mangoes, peeled, stoned and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
- For the topping:
- 300ml carton double cream
- 4 meringue nests, crushed
- Sprigs of mint, for decoration
- 6 small serving dishes
Place mango in a bowl and stir in the rum, icing sugar and ginger. Divide most of mixture between serving dishes, reserving a little to spoon on top. Cover the dishes, and keep in a cool place until serving.
Just before serving, whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold in the crushed meringue.
Spoon the mixture on top of the mango. Spoon a little of the reserved chopped mango on top of each. Decorate each dish with a sprig of mint and serve.
Video of the Week
To prepare ahead: Make the mango mixture (Step 1) the day before.