Flapjacks are a great snack to keep you going until lunch time or to stop you diving for the crisps in the afternoon. We've got so many delicious flapjack recipes, you won't know where to start. From peanut butter flapjacks to chocolate coated flapjacks, from blueberry flapjacks to plum flapjacks, it's time to decide which flapjack you're going to make first.
Basic flapjack method
With a basic flapjack recipe you can make all sorts of weird and wonderful creations.
- Melt the butter over a gentle heat and stir in the sugar and golden syrup.
- Stir until the sugar has desolved and add in the oats mixing well.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 30 mins or so until golden and set.
How to make healthy flapjacks
- Add nuts and seeds: Nuts are a great source of protein and will keep you fuller for longer, which is great if you're trying to eat healthy. Adding nuts and seeds to your flapjacks will make them even more filling so you won't be able to eat a whole tray to yourself, which we all know can be a possibility sometimes!
- Add fruits (fresh or dried): Fruit is perfect for adding natural sugars to the mix. It's also a sweet way to get 1 or 2 of your 5-a-day without even noticing. This is perfect for kids too as they'll see the flapjack as a sweet treat and will forget that it's packed full of fresh fruits.
- Swap normal butter for low-fat spread instead - it works just as well, just has less of the fat.
The best flapjack combinations
- Chocolate: A crisp, rich chocolate topping turns your flapjack into a naughty, after school treat that the kids will go crazy for.
- Peanut butter: Be it crunchy or smooth, peanut butter works wonders with the softness of the oats and turns these delicious bites into gooey, mouth-watering treats.
- Apple: Adding apple to your flapjack mix not only makes it extra sweet, but it also makes it extra soft and moist too.
- Ginger and lemon: Freshly ground ginger and a teaspoon of lemon work wonders in your average flapjack recipe - sweet and refreshing!
Now it's time for you to pick your favourite flapjack recipes and get baking!
This crunchy peanut butter flapjack recipe is sure to become a favourite. A wholesome bake…
Learn how to make treacle flapjacks with this simple recipe. You'll be producing flapjacks…
Chewy chocolate oat squares are a cross between a cake and a flapjack and so easy to make.…
Soft, chewy flapjacks can be achieved in less than 10 minutes when you cook them in a…
These easy-to-make blueberry and fig flapjacks are the perfect snack for your little one.…
It doesn't get more simple than a flapjack! Minimal time spent in the kitchen and you can…
If your family love peanut butter, they will adore these flapjack style cakes. This recipe…
Kick start your day with these tasty blackberry and apple oaty flapjacks. The apples will…
Cherry, apricot and chocolate chip flapjacks are cheap and easy to make plus they are…
Learn how to make these moreish apricot and raisin flapjacks. They're so simple and make…