Gordon Ramsay’s easy vegetable curry recipe is perfect for vegetarians. It’s packed full of delicious veggies with plenty of flavour too thanks to the chilli, cardamom and curry paste. This hearty curry serves 2-4 people and will take around 20 mins to prepare and cook. This dish is healthy too counting towards your 5-a-day. The rich, tomato-based sauce really does pack a punch.
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 banana shallot or 2 regular ones, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2tbsp madras curry paste
- A few cardamom pods
- 1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 250ml Greek yogurt
Heat the oil in large, wide pan and add the shallot, garlic and chillies. Cook stirring for a minute or so until you can smell the garlic.
Add the celeriac and some seasoning. Cook over a hight heat for 2 mins and then add the curry paste, cardamom pods, green pepper and cauliflower florets. Continue to stir over a high heat for a few more minutes.
Tip in the tomatoes, then fill the empty can with water and pour this in too. Bring to the boil, then add the broccoli and courgette. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Turn down the heat and stir in the yogurt. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Video of the Week
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.