Wraps are the perfect portable snack. Lighter than sandwiches they can be filled with any combination of ingredients you have to hand so it’s always worth keeping a pack on standby in the freezer. They can be thawed in just a few seconds in the microwave or leave at room temperature for 1 hr until soft. With a lightly-dressed crisp Greek-style salad and salty flavoured halloumi and feta cheeses these wraps are ideal for a packed lunch or picnic. Make 2-3 hrs in advance and wrap in foil or cling film and chill until required.
- 100g halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- ½ small cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5cm piece cucumber, sliced and halved
- 6 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g cooked chicken, chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wraps, warmed
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Grill the halloumi cheese slices under a medium hot grill for 2-3 mins on each side until golden.
Place the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, onion and chicken in a bowl with the olive oil and lemon juice and toss together. Add the halloumi and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Divide the salad between the two wraps. Sprinkle over the feta cheese and parsley then fold up the wraps to enclose the filling and serve.
To warm the wraps, place in a moderate oven for 5 mins or microwave on high for 10-12 seconds