Parsley and dill bring a wonderful flavour to this healthy prawn and avocado salad. A sprinkling of bulgar wheat ensures this meal will keep you full for longer
- 100g bulgar wheat
- 4 thin spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 6 Kalamata olives, stoned and chopped
- About 100g Piccolo cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 handfuls of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 handful of fresh dill sprigs
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g raw prawns
- Salt and ground black pepper
Rinse the wheat. Put it in a bowl and cover with about 100ml (3½fl oz) boiling water and leave for 5-10 mins.
Add the spring onions, olives, tomatoes, herbs, lemon juice, sliced avocado and half the oil. Stir together gently.
Coat the prawns in the rest of the oil and cook them for a few mins on a hot griddle (or hot wok or frying pan) until they turn pink all over.
Divide the salad between 2 bowls, top with the prawns and season well.
Video of the Week
Roughly chop the herbs and add some mint leaves for extra freshness.