This lamb kebab recipe combines minced lamb, fresh herbs and white breadcrumbs to make a delicious quick and easy dinner recipe that cost only £5 per head – perfect if you’re counting those pennies.
- 250g minced lamb
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 mini pitta bread, to serve
- For the dressing:
- ½ x 200g carton Greek yogurt
- ¼ of a cucumber, chopped
- Want to make this for under £1 head?
- : £3.77 (Tesco)
- : Value lamb & mutton mince (500g) £1.59, Paxo natural breadcrumbs 65p, Natural Greek-style yogurt (200g) 65p, Garlic 25p, Cucumber portion 38p, Value white pitta (6) 25p
- (Prices correct at time of writing. See mysupermarket
- for more deals).
Place the minced lamb in a bowl and add the other ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture into 12 and shape each into a ball.
Thread the balls onto skewers. Cook the lamb balls under a hot grill for 10-15 mins, turning them occasionally so they cook through.
To make the dressing: Tip the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the cucumber and seasoning.
Warm the pitta bread before serving. Slit open the bread and fill each with 3 balls of lamb and spoon on some of the dressing. Alternatively, serve the lamb still on the skewers with the pitta bread and dressing. (Not suitable for freezing).
<strong>Top tip:</strong> For extra spice, serve with pickled chillies to add an authentic Greek touch to your pitta meal.