This lamb kebab recipe combines minced lamb, fresh herbs and white breadcrumbs to make a delicious quick and easy dinner recipe that cost only £5 per head – perfect if you’re counting those pennies.
- 250g minced lamb
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 mini pitta bread, to serve
- For the dressing:
- ½ x 200g carton Greek yogurt
- ¼ of a cucumber, chopped
- Want to make this for under £1 head?
- : £3.77 (Tesco)
- : Value lamb & mutton mince (500g) £1.59, Paxo natural breadcrumbs 65p, Natural Greek-style yogurt (200g) 65p, Garlic 25p, Cucumber portion 38p, Value white pitta (6) 25p
- (Prices correct at time of writing. See mysupermarket
- for more deals).
Place the minced lamb in a bowl and add the other ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture into 12 and shape each into a ball.
Thread the balls onto skewers. Cook the lamb balls under a hot grill for 10-15 mins, turning them occasionally so they cook through.
To make the dressing: Tip the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the cucumber and seasoning.
Warm the pitta bread before serving. Slit open the bread and fill each with 3 balls of lamb and spoon on some of the dressing. Alternatively, serve the lamb still on the skewers with the pitta bread and dressing. (Not suitable for freezing).
Video of the Week
<strong>Top tip:</strong> For extra spice, serve with pickled chillies to add an authentic Greek touch to your pitta meal.