Almond, dried apricot and sultana fairy cakes from baking guru Mary Berry, are perfect additions to any afternoon tea spread and bake in just 20 minutes
- For the
- almond fruity buns
- 1½ large eggs
- 87.5g (3oz) self-raising flour
- 87.5g (3oz)caster sugar
- 87.5g (3oz) softened butter
- 3/4 level tsp baking powder
- 50g (2oz) sultanas
- 50g (2oz) dried apricots, snipped into small pieces
- 25g (1oz) ground almonds
- A flew flaked almonds, for the topping
- You'll also need:
- 12-hole bun tin, lined with paper cases
Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter and baking powder until smooth, in a large mixing bowl.
Add the sultanas, apricots and ground almonds to the cake mix and stir until well mixed.
Turn into the prepared paper cases and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 mins, or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
The almond buns will keep for 3 days and will freeze well for up to 2 months, but uniced.