Michelin starred-chef Michel Roux Jr. has devised these delicious potato pancakes for you to make at home – a perfect dinner-party opener or a tasty light lunch
- For the
- 6 washed Rooster potatoes
- 1 peeled onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil
- 8 slices of smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 bunch of chopped chives
Coarsely grate the potatoes and leave for 30 mins. Then drain and rinse under cold water. Gently press between your hands to dry.
Add the finely sliced onion, eggs, flour and baking powder. Season well with salt and pepper.
Pour a generous amount of oil in a frying pan and heat until smoking hot.
Spoon the potato batter to form little patties about 5cm wide. Then flip over to colour on each side. When brown and crisp, drain on paper towel.
Serve warm with the smoked salmon and sour cream mixed with the chopped chives.