These delightful little chicken burgers make a very healthy lunch when accompanied with a fresh green salad or some colourful steamed vegetables. Serve for dinner too and cook on the BBQ when the sun is out. Perfect for kids parties, these tasty treats can be made in bulk and kept in the fridge until ready to assemble. The kids are going to go crazy for them.
- 800g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 large egg white
- 2tsp water
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 slice day old bread made into crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little vegetable oil for frying
- To serve:
- Green salad of rocket, spring onions and lightly steamed mange tout
Put the chicken into a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
Put the egg white, water, onion, parsley, garlic, herb seasoning, breadcrumbs and seasoning into a bowl and mix together. Add the chicken and mix together with a fork. Don’t over mix. Shape into small patties and place on a baking tray lined with cling film. Chill for about 30 mins until firm.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the burgers. Cook over a medium heat for about 4 mins each side until cooked through and golden brown. Serve with a green salad.
These make great chicken burger sliders for a kid’s tea. Place in mini burger buns with some lettuce and tomato and top with ketchup.