This super-healthy oriental chicken salad recipe is packed with hearty protein and crunchy veggies to keep you full up. Great as a lunch-time treat or a light dinner, it’s full of delicious oriental flavours including lime, chilli and sesame oil. Try taking any leftovers to work in a lunchbox for a spicy treat the next day.
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 2tbsp lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3tbsp lime juice
- 3tbsp fish sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 small cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons
- 2 Little Gem lettuce, leaves seperated
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
Heat a non-stick wok or frying pan with oil. Add the chicken and fry for 5 mins until just cooked. Add the lemongrass, chillies and onion and fry for 2 mins until cooked through.
Remove pan from the heat. Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil in a jar and shake to mix.
Stir together the chicken, cucumber, carrot, lettuce, mint and coriander. Drizzle over the dressing and serve with lime wedges.
This would also be a great recipe for using up leftover chicken after a roast dinner.