With Pancake Day 2017 (Tuesday 28th February) just around the corner we have lots of different pancake recipes to inspire you including sweet pancake recipes and savoury pancake recipes. We also have recipes for American-style pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, healthy pancakes, wholemeal pancakes, vegetarian pancakes and Irish Boxty pancakes - the list goes on!
Back to basics
Learn how make the perfect pancake batter with our basic pancake recipe video.
Top tips for making pancakes
1. Make sure you never over mix your pancake batter or you'll end up with chewy pancakes instead of fluffy ones. A few lumps here and there are ok!
2. Fresh pancake batter is best. If you're super organised you'll want to make the pancake batter ahead of time but hold yourself back - the fresher the better that's our motto.
3. Make sure your pancake is not too thin otherwise it'll get stuck to the pan and will be hard to flip.
4. Grease your pan with a little bit of butter before adding the pancake mix. Use kitchen roll to carefully smear around the hot pan.
5. The first pancake is always the worst - don't worry. Put it to one side and continue with your batch, the second will taste like heaven!
6. If you want to cook berries or chocolate chips in your pancake we'd recommend pouring the batter into the pan first, leaving it to cook gently and then sprinkle on the chocolate chips or berries and then flip to cook the other side for only a few minutes otherwise it'll burn.
Make sure you follow us on Facebook for the Pancake Day takeover 2017 - it's going to be flipping great!
Pancakes that look like burgers, Dr Pepper in the mix, Jaffa Cake topping, these delicious…
Having trouble with your pancakes? Don't panic! We're here to help. If your batter is…
This simple Scotch pancakes recipe is a real winner for a weekend brunch or a favourite…
This basic batter recipe can be used for a whole variety of sweet and savoury dishes from…
2-ingredient banana pancakes are delicious and MUCH healthier than you average pancake…
Forget boring pancakes with lemon and sugar, try one of these pancake art designs and…
Pancakes aren't just for dessert! Why not combine them with your favourite meals to make…
Not sure what to do with your leftover pancakes? How about your leftover pancake batter?…
An easy and basic pancake recipe that makes the ultimate weekend brunch dish and Pancake…
Our rhubarb pancakes are inspired by a favourite retro boiled sweet, rhubarb and custards.…
Latest pancake collections
- 21 pancake fillings and pancake toppings to try
- Your pancake flipping pictures
- Pancake art: The most amazing pancakes we've...
- 10 ways with blueberries
- 10 ways with ... leeks
- Food to cure your hangover
- Low calorie meals: 150 family dinners under...
- 40 Valentine's Day cakes
- Slimming World cakes and dessert recipes