Pancakes that look like burgers, Dr Pepper in the mix, Jaffa Cake topping, these delicious variations on the classic…
Triple tested in the Woman's Weekly magazine kitchen, this pancake recipe is the ultimate one for Pancake Day, 2015…
Makes: 6-8 x 20-23cm pancakes
Total time: 10 mins
Our four-page ultimate guide to pancakes will give you everything you need for this Shrove Tuesday!
Having trouble with your pancakes? Don't panic! We're here to help. If your batter is looking a bit funny, your pancakes…
New pancake recipes
If you’re a fan of Pancake Day,…
Our mummy blogger Anneliese says:…
Not sure what to do with your…
With Pancake Day 2015 (Tuesday 17th February) just around the corner we have lots of different pancake recipes to inspire you including sweet pancake recipes and savoury pancake recipes. We also have recipes for American-style pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, healthy pancakes, wholemeal pancakes, vegetarian pancakes and Irish Boxty pancakes - the list goes on!
Back to basics
Learn how make the perfect pancake batter with our basic pancake recipe video.
Top tips for making pancakes
1. Make sure you never over mix your pancake batter or you'll end up with chewy pancakes instead of fluffy ones. A few lumps here and there are ok!
2. Fresh pancake batter is best. If you're super organised you'll want to make the pancake batter ahead of time but hold yourself back - the fresher the better that's our motto.
3. Make sure your pancake is not too thin otherwise it'll get stuck to the pan and will be hard to flip.
4. Grease your pan with a little bit of butter before adding the pancake mix. Use kitchen roll to carefully smear around the hot pan.
5. The first pancake is always the worst - don't worry. Put it to one side and continue with your batch, the second will taste like heaven!
6. If you want to cook berries or chocolate chips in your pancake we'd recommend pouring the batter into the pan first, leaving it to cook gently and then sprinkle on the chocolate chips or berries and then flip to cook the other side for only a few mintues otherwise it'll burn.
Make sure you follow us on Facebook for the Pancake Day takeover 2015 - it's going to be flipping great!