Party food recipes
Chocolate brownies are meant to be gooey in the middle and this simple recipe shows you exactly when it's time to take…
Total time: 30 mins
Combine chickpeas, spring onions and breadcrumbs to make these delicious vegetarian nibbles that are ideal for parties or…
Total time: 35 mins
This warm new potato salad is great for serving as part of a summer buffet or as a quick and easy side dish. It has a…
Total time: 25 mins
Caipirinha is a delicious alcoholic cocktail and is the national drink of Brazil, so what could be nicer than lazing on a…
Total time: 5 mins
Party food recipes
Throwing a birthday party, Christmas party, New Year party or just having a few people over? Take a look at our easy party food recipes. We've got lots of quick canapés and finger food ideas for you to try and some impressive birthday cakes and celebration cupcakes too.
How to throw a successful party
- Start a list: Be super organised and start a list. From guests to food, write down as much as you can possibly think of that you need to buy or make so you have everything all in one place. This will keep your stress levels low too.
- Decide what to make: In terms of food decide what recipes you're going to use. Are you going to make a buffet style spread? Are you thinking of hosting a sit down meal? Or is it a kids party full of nibbles and picky bits and bobs. Have a browse through our collection for inspiration!
- Shopping: It's time to go shopping. From burger buns to jelly for the ice cream, from napkins to cutlery, this is part is where you buy the bulk of your party spread. And you can do it on a budget too.
- Time to get making: Make sure you know exactly how long each recipe is going to take you and start with the most timely first. If you can multi-task do so and you'll save yourself a lot of time. Make anything that needs to be frozen or set the night before the party.
- Get decorating: Time to decorate the place! Hang bunting up high, pull out your best table cloth and set the place up to look like a party scene.
- Great the guests and serve the food: It's always good to have nibbles ready on the table like nuts and crisps so if your guest are feeling peckish as soon as they arrive they can help themselves whilst you finish making the last few bits. Serve up warm food or food that is likely to melt e.g. ice cream, last thing.
- Enjoy yourself: Make sure you grab some food, a cocktail or two and enjoy yourself. All your hard work has paid off so now it's time to relax with family and friends.
Latest Party food collections
Liked our recipes? You'll love these...
Making a birthday cake for kids or adults? Try our gorgeous birthday cak…
Our Halloween recipes will make any Halloween party perfect! So check ou…
Looking for party cakes, we've got lots of cake recipes for parties like…
Fancy a drink? We've got cocktails, smoothies, juices, beverages and Chr…
Make your own dip, it's the perfect party food. We've got cheese dip, gu…
Our easy cocktails will liven up any night in! Try classic cocktails lik…
Quick canapes, easy buffet ideas and delicious cocktails, our Christmas …
Planning a party for New Year? We have lots of party food, canapes and c…
Learn how to make cake pops with our easy recipes. Start with the basic …