This salad is perfect on a hot summers day, it’s light and refreshing and takes little time to create!
- 150g frozen broad beans
- 150g frozen edamame soya beans
- 600g pasta
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful mint leaves removed & roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200g Greek feta, crumbled.
Bring two pans of water to the boil.
Add the edamame and broad beans to one of the pans, cook for 5 mins, then drain in a colander. When cool enough to handle slip the broad beans out of their skins, discard the skins.
Cook the pasta in the other pan of water as per pack instructions or until al-dente. Drain and transfer to a warm serving dish.
Whisk together the olive or avocado oil, lemon juice, mint and season lightly.
Lightly toss together with the broad beans, edamame beans and avocado and scatter over the feta. Serve immediately.
Edamame or soya beans are available in most supermarkets these days and are fast becoming the latest ‘must have’ food.