40 Christmas cake ideas
Easy Christmas cake recipes and designs
One of the best Christmas traditions, Christmas cakes can be made up to three months in advance so you can get into the spirit nice and early with some Christmas baking.
Our fruit cake recipes have beautiful festive Christmas designs that will be perfect for any parties you are having or for a classic dessert after your Christmas dinner.
To make a Christmas cake you simply make up the sponge and feed it your chosen liquor (don't worry we also have alcohol-free versions!) over the weeks to get an extra depth of flavour and then decorate a few days before Christmas.
You'll be a Christmas cake pro by the time we're done with you. Not only do we have these Christmas cake recipes, we also have a step-by-step guide to how to cover a Christmas cake, a video recipe for this pretty star design cake
Not a fan of the traditional Christmas cake? We've also got alternative ideas for festive cakes such as stollen, panforte and chocolate tortes.
See something you like? Save it into your very own online Recipe Book - why not collect all your favourite Christmas recipes in one place? It'll certainly make things a lot easier!
Browse our other pictures
- The Great British Bake Off 2014: Meet the contestants
- Summer cupcakes
- 10 ways with strawberries
- 22 no-bake desserts
- 11 no-cook dinners for summer nights
- 50 filling salad recipes
- Easy BBQ sauces and sides
- 20 classic BBQ recipes
- The recipes we're loving this week...
- Our 20 best chocolate cake recipes
- Our best vegetable cakes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Top 20 cake recipes for July
- Top 20 pasta recipes for July
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- Our best apple cake recipes
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- goodtoknow's top 50 recipes of 2013
- Top 20 recipes for November
- Top cake recipes for June 2013
- How to make a carrot cake
- How to joint a chicken
- How to make a pork pie
- How to make bagels
- How to make marzipan roses
- How to make shortcrust pastry
- How to make risotto
- How to make a cake
- Step-by-step how to make Italian meringue
- How to make a chocolate bowl
- Annabel Karmel's Halloween spiders
- How to cover a Christmas cake
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off