Low calorie family meals under 500 calories
We have 150 different meals that we guarantee your family will love, all for under 500 calories per serving. We're not just talking diet meals and salads, we're talking proper family meals such as lasagne and pizza - just made a little lighter.
The recommended daily calorie intake is 2,000 for a woman and 2,500 for a man so if you're having a main meal that is under 500 calories it leaves you lots of lovely calories to consume throughout the day.
Being healthy and not hungry is the best way to have a happy, balanced diet - and these meals will help you on the way and making your meals from scratch means you can really monitor what you're feeding your family - and yourself.
Our recipes under 500 calories show how easy it is to turn family favourites into healthy meals. All you need is a few clever swaps and techniques and you can easily reduce the fat content - without reducing the flavour.
Click through to see our healthy family meals...
390 cals/13g fat per portion
This classic chicken casserole is a firm family favourite, especially in the winter months when you're in need of a warm pick-me-up. The tender chicken chunks absorb all the juices and flavours from the stock. Add heaps of veggies and you've got a dish ready in no time.
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- Jacket potato fillings
- Slimming World cakes and dessert recipes
- Healthy breakfast recipes
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off