150 family dinners under 500 calories
Low calorie family meals under 500 calories
We have not 1 but 150 different meals that we guarantee your family will love - all for under 500 calories per serving. We're not just talking diet meals and salads, we're talking proper family meals such as lasagne and pizza - just made a little lighter.
Making your meals from scratch means you can really monitor what you're feeding your family - and yourself. Being healthy and not hungry is the best way to have a happy, balanced diet - and these meals will help you on the way.
The recommended daily calorie intake is 2,000 for a woman and 2,500 for a man so if you're having a main meal that is under 500 calories it leaves you lots of lovely calories to consume throughout the day.
Our recipes under 500 calories show how easy it is to turn family favourites into healthy meals. All you need is a few clever swaps and techniques and you can easily reduce the fat content – without reducing the flavour.
Browse our other pictures
- The Great British Bake Off 2014: Meet the contestants
- Summer cupcakes
- 10 ways with strawberries
- 22 no-bake desserts
- 11 no-cook dinners for summer nights
- 50 filling salad recipes
- Easy BBQ sauces and sides
- 20 classic BBQ recipes
- The recipes we're loving this week...
- Our 20 best chocolate cake recipes
- Our best vegetable cakes
- Top 20 cake recipes for July
- Top 20 pasta recipes for July
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- Our best apple cake recipes
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- goodtoknow's top 50 recipes of 2013
- Top 20 recipes for November
- Top cake recipes for June 2013
- How to make a carrot cake
- How to joint a chicken
- How to make a pork pie
- How to make bagels
- How to make marzipan roses
- How to make shortcrust pastry
- How to make risotto
- How to make a cake
- Step-by-step how to make Italian meringue
- How to make a chocolate bowl
- Annabel Karmel's Halloween spiders
- How to cover a Christmas cake
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off