30 healthy homemade soups
How to make healthy soup at home
A big bowl of freshly made soup will not only make a satisfying lunch, it will also help keep you fuller for longer (if made with protein-rich ingredients) and give you a big portion of your 5-a-day. The best thing about homemade soups is that you know exactly what is going into them.
If you've never made soup before, give it a go, you'll be surprised by how easy it is. All you need to do is boil your ingredients in a little stock and blend, it really is that simple.
Homemade soups are also a great way to use up leftovers. Pretty much any meat or veg can be added to stock and blended to make a soup. Once you've mastered the basics, you'll be coming up with your own soup creations!
Make up a big batch of soup for the family or freeze for yourself for later - when they're this healthy and taste this good, you'll be foolish not too!
Browse our other pictures
- The recipes we're loving this week...
- Bakes inspired by The Great British Bake Off
- 15 cake stands for £15 or under
- The Great British Bake Off 2014: Meet the contestants
- 20 ways with strawberries
- Handy food hacks: Tips and tricks that are sure to amaze
- Easy cake recipes
- Homemade chocolates and sweets
- 30 afternoon tea ideas
- 10 ways with peaches
- The 10 best Bake Off innuendos
- Our best bite-sized bakes
- Top 20 pasta recipes for August
- Top 20 cake recipes for August
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- Our best apple cake recipes
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- goodtoknow's top 50 recipes of 2013
- Top 20 recipes for November
- Top cake recipes for June 2013
- How to make bagels
- How to make a carrot cake
- How to joint a chicken
- How to make a pork pie
- How to make marzipan roses
- How to make shortcrust pastry
- How to make risotto
- How to make a cake
- Step-by-step how to make Italian meringue
- How to make a chocolate bowl
- Annabel Karmel's Halloween spiders
- How to cover a Christmas cake
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off