30 healthy homemade soups
How to make healthy soup at home
A big bowl of freshly made soup will not only make a satisfying lunch, it will also help keep you fuller for longer (if made with protein-rich ingredients) and give you a big portion of your 5-a-day. The best thing about homemade soups is that you know exactly what is going into them.
If you've never made soup before, give it a go, you'll be surprised by how easy it is. All you need to do is boil your ingredients in a little stock and blend, it really is that simple.
Homemade soups are also a great way to use up leftovers. Pretty much any meat or veg can be added to stock and blended to make a soup. Once you've mastered the basics, you'll be coming up with your own soup creations!
Make up a big batch of soup for the family or freeze for yourself for later - when they're this healthy and taste this good, you'll be foolish not too!
Browse our other pictures
- 75 Mother's Day cakes and bakes
- 40 easy tray bake recipes
- 50 healthy lunch recipes
- We can't believe it's cake!
- Amazing homemade versions of your favourite treats
- Food for you and your baby: Easy meals that you both can eat!
- Homemade sauces for chicken
- Pancakes My Way
- Top 20 chicken recipes for March
- Your DIY food pictures
- 20 pancake fillings
- Top 20 recipes for March
- Top 20 pasta recipes for March
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 20 cake recipes for March
- Top 10 food phobias
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- goodtoknow's top 50 recipes of 2013
- Top 20 cake recipes for November
- Top 20 recipes for November
- Top 20 pasta recipes for October 2013
- Top 20 cake recipes for October 2013
- How to joint a chicken
- How to make a pork pie
- How to make a carrot cake
- How to make bagels
- How to make a chocolate fudge cake
- How to make marzipan roses
- How to make shortcrust pastry
- How to make risotto
- How to make a cake
- Step-by-step how to make Italian meringue
- Make your own chocolate truffles
- How to make a chocolate bowl
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off