Healthy soup recipes
Pick from our favourite healthy and easy soup ideas, including classic recipes like vegetable soup, carrot and coriander soup and sweet potato soup to new and interesting flavours that make a meal in themselves, like ramen soup and easy chicken miso soup.
Soup is a great choice if you're trying to eat a little healthier, especially if you make it yourself. Most of our healthy soup recipes are also vegetarian, so you can eat them if you're veggie or serve them to friends or family members who don't eat meat.
A big bowl of freshly made soup will not only make a satisfying meal, but it will also help keep you fuller for longer and give you a big portion of your recommended 5-a-day. The best thing about homemade soups is that you know exactly what is going into them. Make up a big batch of these healthy soups for the family or freeze it for later.
If you've never made soup before, give it a go - you'll be surprised by how easy it is and it's a great way to use up veg in the fridge that you might otherwsie think about throwing away. All you need to do is boil your soup ingredients in stock and blend, it really is that simple. Once you've mastered the basics, you'll be coming up with your own healthy soup creations!
This ramen soup is packed with vegetables and much healthier than takeaway noodles. Aubergine, mushroom, broccoli, soya beans and radishes make this soup packed with nutritents. It's easy too, and ready in just 35 mins!
Get the recipe: Ramen soup
Click through to see more healthy soup recipes...
- Easy cake recipes
- Easy baking recipes for kids
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off