Romantic ideas for Valentine's cakes
Treat your husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend or any of your loved ones to a delicious cake with one of our easy recipes. We have lots of different ideas for you, including rich red velvet sponges, romantic Valentine's cake decorations and aphrodisiac flavour combinations that are sure to spice up your evening!
Chocolate is the most obvious addition for a romantic bake as the rich flavours are as part of Valentine's Day as cards and flowers. Speaking of flowers, have you ever thought of topping cupcakes with piped red roses? They'll make a lovely food gift for that sweet-tooth loved one.
Strawberries, toffee and white chocolate are just some of the luxurious ingredients we've used in our Valentine's Day cakes and it?s not just the big bakes either - cupcakes, whoopie pies and fairy cakes make the perfect bite-sized treat after a heavy romantic meal.
Save all your favourite recipes to your very one online recipe book and tell us below what cake flavours you find most romantic and why. Happy Valentine?s Day!
First on the list are these amazing rose cupcakes. Why send a bunch of flowers when you can make these gorgeous red rose cupcakes? A batch of rich dark sponges topped with deep-red iced flowers will make a lovely Valentine's treat.
Get the recipe: Red rose cupcakes
- Halloween party food ideas
- 15 trick or treat recipes
- 15 Halloween cupcake recipes
- 12 recipes you HAVE to make this month
- 33 healthy homemade soups
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Food hacks: Tips and tricks that are sure to amaze
- The best gingerbread houses you have ever seen
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off