Breakfast in bed recipes
When you think of breakfast, your mind often goes to the same old recipes but making a breakfast in bed is the perfect time to try something a little different. French toast, pancakes - even porridge can be given a tasty twist once you know how, we've got lots of breakfast in bed ideas to inspire you.
Things you will need when serving breakfast in bed:
- A tray: Big enough to balance food and drinks so you haven't got to go back and forth.
- Cutlery: There's nothing worse than getting half way up the stairs and realising you've forgotten the cutlery. Make sure you've got this on your tray before you embark up the stairs.
- Napkins or kitchen roll: These are a must if you want breakfast in bed to be a relaxing time without worrying all the crumbs you'll be sleeping on that evening.
- Flowers: If you're making breakfast in bed for someone special, make them smile even more by popping a little bouquet or even a single flower into a small vase or jar on your tray.
Pancakes aren't just for Pancake Day you know. They can be a weekend treat too and are so simple to make - the trick is to make a big batch at a time. When you make a pancake, pop it on a plate, cover in tin foil and make the rest. Once you're happy with the amount you've made you can prepare the fillings. It's as simple as that!
To serve in bed: We'd recommend bringing a small choice of fillings to the bedroom so you can assemble the pancakes in the comfort of your own bed. Bring honey, jam, Nutella or peanut butter, to the bedroom in their jars, (or you could be extra fancy and spoon them in to little dishes and serve with teaspoons.)
Pancake recipes to try in bed:
- Get the recipe: Buckwheat pancakes (pictured above)
- Get the recipe: Classic pancakes
- Get the recipe: Blueberry Scotch pancakes
Click through for more breakfast in bed ideas...
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- goodtoknow's top 50 recipes of 2013
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off