Breakfast in bed ideas
Breakfast in bed recipes
When you think of breakfast, your mind often goes to the same old recipes but making a breakfast in bed is the perfect time to try something a little different. French toast, pancakes - even porridge can be given a tasty twist once you know how, we've got lots of breakfast in bed ideas to inspire you.
Things you will need when serving breakfast in bed:
- A tray: Big enough to balance food and drinks so you haven't got to go back and forth.
There's nothing worse than getting half way up the stairs and realising
you've forgotten the cutlery. Make sure you've got this on your tray
before you embark up the stairs.
- Napkins or kitchen roll:
If you or your loved one is a messy eater, or you've invited the kids
into bed for breakfast then paper towels are a must. You'll want
breakfast in bed to be a relaxing time without worrying all the crumbs
you'll be sleeping on that evening.
- Flowers: If you're making breakfast in bed for someone special, make them smile even more by popping a little bouquet or even a single flower into a small vase or jar on your tray - this little gesture will score you extra brownie points and make your array of food look even better.
- Reading material: Planning on spending a good amount of time in bed? Make sure you've got plenty of reading material. Sunday's newspapers or your loved ones' favourite magazines will do just nicely.
Click through to see all of our breakfast in bed ideas...
Browse our other pictures
- Easter recipes for kids
- The best Easter eggs in the shops
- Easter biscuits
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- Creme Egg recipes
- 13 inventive ways to use up stale bread
- 32 chunky soup recipes that'll fill you up
- 21 warming salad recipes to keep you happy and healthy this winter
- Easy cake recipes
- Mother's Day biscuits
- Mother's Day flowers you can eat!
- Mother's Day lunch recipes
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- Our best apple cake recipes
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- goodtoknow's top 50 recipes of 2013
- Top 20 recipes for November
- Top 20 pasta recipes
- Top cake recipes for June 2013
- How to make bagels
- How to make a carrot cake
- How to joint a chicken
- How to make a pork pie
- How to make marzipan roses
- How to make risotto
- How to make a cake
- Step-by-step how to make Italian meringue
- How to make a chocolate bowl
- Annabel Karmel's Halloween spiders
- How to cover a Christmas cake
- Union Jack Jubilee cake
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off