Homemade chocolates and sweets
From classic homemade chocolate recipes like truffles to more unusual homemade sweets like candy floss, this round up is all about good old fashioned British sweet shop favourites, so there?s sure to be something everyone will like.
It's fun to make your own treats and your homemade versions will taste so much better than the original (and make a more thoughtful gift too). Make homemade Jaffa cakes or homemade chocolate digestives to get everyone talking. Or go for creamy vanilla fudge or rich chocolate peppermint slices as sweets to share.
These simple recipes make a lovely gift on a small budget. And the best thing about our chocolate and sweet treats is that they can be enjoyed all year round, from birthdays to Christmas. There's no need to stress for gift ideas when you can make these tasty bites - from white chocolate truffles to candy floss, we've got plenty of sweet recipes for you to try. All you need to do is buy is a gift bag or box to wrap the chocs in and you're ready to go. We like plain brown wrappers and parcel string to give them a really old fashioned feel that will make the lucky recipients feel nostalgic.
See something you like? Add it to your very own recipe book. Click through to see our homemade chocolates and sweets recipes...
First up are these raspberry and passion fruit pastilles. Using only four ingredients, these sweet raspberry and passion fruit pastilles make the perfect budget food gift. Store in jars, just like you'd find them in a sweet shop!
Get the recipe: Rasberry and passion fruit pastilles
- Halloween party food ideas
- 15 trick or treat recipes
- 15 Halloween cupcake recipes
- 12 recipes you HAVE to make this month
- 33 healthy homemade soups
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Food hacks: Tips and tricks that are sure to amaze
- The best gingerbread houses you have ever seen
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off