Christmas dinner main ideas
We're here to make Christmas as stress-free as possible and that includes making sure the main event - Christmas dinner - goes off without a hitch. It's such a big part of Christmas day so there's a lot of pressure to make sure it goes smoothly and that everyone is happy with the food choices you make.
We've rounded up loads of classic roast dinner main recipes which are sure to please the family. Succulent ham, tender beef or an earthy nut roast, our selection of turkey alternatives includes a great variety of different flavours and tastes that will suit veggies, meat-lovers, fussy eaters and of course the kids!
Don't forget to save any of the recipes that you like in your very own Recipes Book. It's the perfect way to keep all of your favourites recipes in one place, which is ideal for Christmas Day. You won't have to spend ages searching for that delicious dish that caught your eye.
From all of the goodtoknow team, we hope you have a lovely - and delicious - Christmas!
First up is our classic cut of gammon!
Looking for a meat that'll feed more than 8 people? This hearty Seville gammon recipe is a delicious choice that only takes 30mins to cook and won't leave your guests hungry. With a sweet Seville marmalade glaze and spicy kick from whole cloves, this tender unsmoked gammon horseshoe is a classic meat - a tasty, succulent turkey alternative.
How to serve: Gammon is a classic Christmas meat that can be served with a whole heap of vegetables and sides. Chunky carrots, crispy roasties and tender Brussels to name a few. Cooked, cold gammon will keep in the fridge for a couple of days - perfect if you're having buffet food like cold meats and pickles on Boxing Day.
Top tip: When checking to see if your gammon is cooked all the way through, insert a long skewer into the middle of the joint. It should feel firm, not rubbery.
Get the recipe: Seville gammon
- Easy cake recipes
- Easy baking recipes for kids
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off