* Mulled wine is a traditional Christmas drink and it will give all your guests the warm and fuzzies to get them in the Christmas spirit.
* This creamy and delicious eggnog (pictured) is next on the Christmas cocktail list. It's frothy, sweet and full of Christmas flavour. Replace the milk in this recipe with brandy, rum or whisky for the adult version.
* Our rich snowball cocktail is another favourite that is sure to be a hit at your buffet. It only takes 5 mins to make and combines advocaat and cognac together to make one delicious brew.
How to serve:
Keep all your drinks to one side. Make sure you have variety of glasses like small tumblers for your eggnog and tall Martini glasses for your snowballs. Keep the glasses and alcohol somewhere high so the kids can't reach them, but the adults can see what choices they have. Have some ice in the freezer on standby and plenty of fruit chopped up if the recipe uses it. Print out the recipe for each drink and leave by the bottles and glasses so your guests can help themselves. You could ask one of your friends or family to work behind the 'bar' and make drinks for your guests as they come in. Or if you want to be extra organised you could make your cocktails in advance so all you have to do is pour it into a glass and serve on request.
- Easy cake recipes
- Easy baking recipes for kids
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off