Recipes to make in bulk: food to freeze
From lasagne to casseroles, there are plenty of hearty, family meals that can you cook up and store for another day when you haven't got the time to cook.
Having a stash of healthy homemade dinners will also mean you never have to reach for the ready meals - and you also know exactly what's in the meals you and your family are eating.
Once your meals have been made in bulk, it's just a case of storing them properly in the freezer and allowing them to defrost before eating - it's that simple!
There are plenty of ingredients that are great for buying in bulk and freezing too. Have a look through our how to freeze food: goodtoknow's money-saving guide to get freezer savvy this month.
Click through our recipes that you can make in bulk and freeze and start stocking up your freezer...
Chilli con carne
You can't beat a large bowl of spicy, warming chilli con carne. Packed with kidney beans, a spicy chilli-based sauce and flavour galore, chilli is a great dish to bulk cook and store in the freezer. Chilli is a versatile choice to bulk cook as it can be served with homemade potato wedges, rice, jacket potatoes ... the list goes on!
How to freeze:
Just cook the chilli as normal, allow to cool, then pop into a large Tupperware box or smaller portion sizes and freeze.
How to defrost:
When you're planning on having it for dinner, take it out of the freezer the night before or early in the morning and defrost in the fridge.
Re-heat in the microwave or in the oven on a low heat. Serve with ready-made wraps or tortilla chips for a Mexican-style feast.
Our classic chilli recipe to make in bulk and freeze
- Halloween party food ideas
- 15 trick or treat recipes
- 15 Halloween cupcake recipes
- 12 recipes you HAVE to make this month
- 33 healthy homemade soups
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Food hacks: Tips and tricks that are sure to amaze
- The best gingerbread houses you have ever seen
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off