Meals under 200 calories
Counting the calories in your meals is a great way of keeping control of how much food you are eating, but where do you begin? We've gone through all of our recipes to pick out the best meals for just 200 calories or less - so you don't have to!
Women are supposed to eat 2,000 calories a day so giving over just 200 calories for a main meal is quite tough - but it can be done if you're following a calorie-controlled diet plan such as the 5:2 diet. See our full guide to making low-calorie 5:2 diet meal plans.
These low-calorie meals will mean that you can eat less - without feeling like you're missing out. Filling and full of flavour, you really won't feel like you're eating a diet meal at all!
Click through our delicious meals that are under 200 calories a serving - you won't believe what's in here!
First up is this delicious, warming Spanish-style prawn stew.
171 calories/8g fat per portion
Large meaty prawns in a tasty paprika-infused tomato sauce will make a lovely treat for a low-calorie meal. The sauce has so much flavour, it's almost like a soup - but you can add rice or a hunk of crusty bread to the side if you want something a little more filling (but that will obviously bump up the cal count).
Get the recipe: Spanish-style prawns
- Easy cake recipes
- Easy baking recipes for kids
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off