Jessica Dady - goodtoknow's Senior Recipes Assistant
Christmas morning my mum is up before all of us and the turkey is in the oven straight away. We open our prezzies first followed by a Christmas breakfast; a classic fry-up and a variety of pastries, muffins etc and of course, a glass or 2 of bucks fizz.
Then it's time to get dressed up, pop on the Christmas tunes and set the table. Me and my sister prep the veggies and the roast potatoes (her speciality!) and mum starts the cooking.
Dinner is usually at 2-3pm depending on which grandparents are popping over (they all have their own time preferences!) My dad has the job of carving the turkey whilst mum plates everything up and me, my brother and sister organise the table and keep the grandparents entertained.
Dinner is followed by a trio of desserts; Christmas trifle, chocolate log and Christmas pudding (which we cover in brandy and set alight!) - I have to have a bit of all of them!
You think that we'd be full after all this but NO. Champagne, cheese and crackers, mints, Baileys, Celebrations and choccy biscuits are on the menu for the rest of the day and sometimes even a sneaky packet of crisps. I find the trick is to wear something stretchy around the waistline and embrace or as my nan would say'?let it all hang loose!' haha
- Halloween party food ideas
- 15 trick or treat recipes
- 15 Halloween cupcake recipes
- 12 recipes you HAVE to make this month
- 33 healthy homemade soups
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Food hacks: Tips and tricks that are sure to amaze
- The best gingerbread houses you have ever seen
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off