Charlotte Gunn - goodtoknow's Editor
Christmas Day starts off early - not past 7am. We are lucky in our family, because we haven't been without an excited child on Christmas Day for a good 30 years. It makes such a difference having little people around (even if it does mean an early start!) Stockings are ripped open in a rather frenzied fashion then we have a little break for a fry up (for me and my step-dad), chocolate for the rest.
After brekkie we do a few more under-the-tree presents and then get ready to go to my nan's house which is about an hour's drive where we meet up with the rest of the fam - aunties, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces.
Lunch is a full on turkey fest with pigs in blankets and a good Quorn selection for the veggie side of the family! And of course the chestnut stuffing. Pudding is trifle (of course) and my nan always makes a Christmas pudding, even though nobody likes it, and gets offended when nobody wants any.
In the evening it?s back to my mum?s house where we get settled on the sofa with a tin of quality street and some cheese and crackers and watch whatever rubbish Christmas telly is on that year.
On Boxing Day it?s time to do it all again with the other side of the family. But you?d never hear me complaining about having two Christmasses!
- Easy cake recipes
- Easy baking recipes for kids
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off