Healthy vegetarian recipes
It can sometimes be hard to make sure you're getting all the vitamins and nutrients that you need when you're a vegetarian. It can also be tough work trying to figure out what to make every night for dinner and how to jazz up your regular meals - that's where we come in!
We haven't just picked the healthiest of the bunch, we've picked the tastiest too like our Mediterranean vegetable chilli full of spice and our courgette, red onion and ricotta pizza with a rich tomatoey sauce. You don't have to give up on your favourite foods if you're thinking about becoming veggie either. We've got loads of classic recipes, like a vegetarian version of a delicious British pie, that will keep you feeling satisfied without the need for any meat. And the best bit is, if you're veggie you're almost guaranteed to hit those 5-a-day portion targets!
Click through to see our delicious and healthy vegetarian recipes...
First up, our leek, asparagus and pea pasta.
Why so healthy? Pasta doesn't have to be off the menu if you're trying to be healthy. Served with heaps of fresh leek and asparagus, which is full of disease-busting nutrients that help boost your immune system, this dish is ideal for feeding the whole family. A little cheese grated on top and you've got a delicious, vegetarian feast!
Calories: 419 cals per portion
Fat: 11g per portion
Time it takes to make: 20 mins
Top tip: You can add other greens to the mix too like spinach or chard.
Get the recipe: Leek, asparagus and pea pasta
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Slimming World cakes and dessert recipes
- Healthy breakfast recipes
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off