10 one-ingredient baby foods
A new baby is a lot of work, there are the nappies, the constant washing of clothes, the sleepless nights and then there’s the feeding.
Just when you think you’ve got your routine under control it’ll be time to get your little one started on solids. The NHS recommends you start feeding your baby solids at around six months, although you can start after four months if your health visitor agrees they are ready for something more than milk. We think making your own baby food is the next step on the road to weaning your baby and it's the best way we know to make sure the food you're giving your child is healthy, low in sugar and salt and packed full of nutrients from fresh ingredients.
These one-ingredient purees are all soft, mild and nutritious and will get you on your way to being a baby food expert and to get your baby excited about solids. Each one has a different benefit to your baby so make sure you vary their diet to see them be as healthy as they possibly can be.
Remember that all babies are different and the best age to start your baby on solids can vary. Check with your doctor or health visitor if you’re unsure of when to start weaning your baby.
Click through for tasty purees, each made from just one ingredient...
- Sweet recipes: Recipes using your favourite sweets and treats
- Easter food traditions: 11 things you have to eat at Easter - and why we eat them
- 20 chicken thigh recipes
- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Easter lamb recipes
- 150 family dinners under 500 calories
- Jacket potato fillings
- Slimming World cakes and dessert recipes
- Healthy breakfast recipes
- Our best apple cake recipes
- Our best chicken stir-fry recipes
- The 12 most hated Christmas foods - and how to love them!
- Top 20 cake recipes
- 20 food gifts for teachers
- 10 ways with... rhubarb
- The most popular family meals – and how to give them a twist
- Our best homemade salad dressings
- Top 10 food phobias
- Christmas dinner face-off
- Sweet treats face-off
- What topping would you prefer for our classic pancake recipe?
- Vegetable face-off
- Party food face-off
- Halloween recipes face-off
- Euro 2012: Italy vs Spain
- Classic v twist
- Sexy male chefs face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Cupcake wars
- Healthy or naughty face-off
- Comfort food face-off
- Celeb chef face-off
- England v Germany World Cup food-off