Easy home made mince pork burgers with apple rings – healthier than a takeaway!
- 500g (1lb) minced pork
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- To serve:
- 2 dessert apples,cored and sliced
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted
Place the mince meat in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients,except the olive oil, and mix well.
Divide the mince mixture into 4 and shape each portion into a round,flat burger. Chill the burgers for at least 30 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the burgers and cook them for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
After 5 minutes of cooking, add the apple slices to the pan and cook them for a few minutes on each side, until they are golden, then remove them from the pan.
Arrange some salad leaves on the bottom half of the toasted ciabatta rolls, top with a pork burger and some apple slices, then place the top on the roll, or prop it against the burger.
Video of the Week
For the fried apple slices, we used Jazz apples, whichkeep their red-skinned colour and hold their shape well during cooking.