This Prince Caspian’s chocolate earth cake recipe was created by goodtoknow user Makenzie Mergard as part of HarperCollins’ fun Narnia baking competition.. It combines rich chocolate with a delicious soft sponge to make a tasty, sweet treat. It only takes 40 mins to bake this dish and can serve up to 6 people!
- For the sponge:
- 90g melted butter
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4tbsp of cocoa
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of dark or milk chocolate chips
- For the ganache:
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup thickened cream/double cream
- 1/2 pack of Oreos, for decoration
For the sponge:
- Preheat oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin or pudding basin and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
For the ganache:
- Gently melt 1 cup of dark chocolate in a microwave or over simmering water.
- Once melted, remove from heat and then add 1/3 cup of thickened cream and stir completely to combine.
- Spread the ganache over the cooled cake, and sprinkle the exterior with 1/2 a package of finely crushed Oreo crumbs, to resemble a mound of earth; garnish with real or edible leaves, if desired.
Our <a href="http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/531168/cups-to-grams-converter">cup converter gadget</a> will come in handy for this recipe