This delicious Quorn sausages with lentils recipe is so easy to make and is the perfect meal for the whole family. Sausage casserole is a great recipe for a grey day and you don’t have to use meat. Lentils and veggie sausages taste just as good with plenty of vegetables. This recipe serves 4 people and takes around 25 mins to prepare and cook. This recipe is great for making in bulk and can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- 250g pack/6 Quorn Sausages
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 75g sundried tomatoes, roughly sliced
- 200mls Vegetable Stock, such as Marigold Swiss Bouillon
- 4tbsp half fat crème fraîche
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
Slice each sausage diagonally into 3 pieces. Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, celery and sausages and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes.
Add lentils, stock, sun-dried tomatoes and seasoning to taste and cook over a low-medium heat for a further 10 mins.
Stir in the crème fraîche and cherry tomatoes and serve garnished with coriander.
Video of the Week
Not a vegetarian? Meat sausages work just as well - just change the stock accordingly