Sangria, a punch from Spain made with wine and fruit, is delicious and very easy to make. In fact it’s hard to go wrong
- 1 bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- Juice of one large orange
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 orange, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly crosswise
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 shot brandy
- 2 cups ginger ale or club soda
Pour wine into a pitcher or jug and add the orange and lemon juice.
Toss in the fruit slices (leaving out pips if possible) and any extra fruit you choose. Add the sugar and brandy.
Chill overnight. Add the ginger ale or club soda just before serving.
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice.