For this all-in-one recipe, seared salmon is served on top of lettuce-covered crusty bread and is dressed with mint and tomato laced Greek yogurt.
- 475ml Greek yogurt
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves, plus 8 leaves for garnish
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1cm dice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- four 2.5cm-thick slices country bread or other crusty bread
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 675g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1cm slices
In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, shallots, mint and tomatoes and stir gently to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Divide the bread between four individual serving plates. Top with the lettuce and set aside.
Heat a medium sauté pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, and when hot, add half the salmon. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and sauté, turning once, for about 2 minutes until just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to two of the plates, add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté the remaining salmon. Transfer to the other two plates.
Spoon the yogurt mixture on top of the salmon fillets, garnish with the mint leaves and serve immediately.
Video of the Week
This dish isperfect for those who worry about not cooking fish properly. With a quick sauté, it’s just about impossible to undercook the salmon, which is always moist and succulent when served.