These Slimming World’s turkey tikka skewers are a great way of using up leftover turkey from your Christmas feast. They also make the perfect guilt-free party food for sharing with friends and family. Each cut of turkey breast is infused with ginger, lime and garlic – delicious and flavoursome.
- 200g fat free natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp tikka or tandoori curry powder, plus extra to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 800g turkey breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
Mix the yogurt, tikka or tandoori powder, garlic, ginger and lime juice in a large bowl. Season to taste, add the turkey and stir to coat well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes or overnight if time permits.
Preheat the grill to medium-hot. Thread the turkey chunks and peppers on to 12 metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes to stop them burning).
Grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the edges are lightly charred in places and the turkey is cooked through.
Arrange the skewers on a serving platter, scatter over the coriander and serve hot with lime wedges and a bowl of fat free natural yogurt sprinkled with tikka or tandoori curry powder.
Video of the Week
You can make these stunning skewers with chunks of skinless chicken breast if you prefer.