A simple recipe using the evocative flavour of smoked salmon with tasty oriental seasoning. This easy stir-fry is ready in under 30 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges and leaves pulled apart
- 125g (4oz) tenderstem broccoli, stalks halved lengthways
- 100g (3½oz) smoked salmon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 125g (4oz) rice noodles, cooked, for serving
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the ginger and onion and stir-fry for a couple of mins. Add the broccoli stalks and cook for another couple of mins, then add the broccoli heads and 5 tbsp hot water. Let the broccoli heads steam for a few mins.
Tear the smoked salmon into strips, adding them to the wok as you do it, and cook for about a min. Season with freshly ground black pepper and soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve lightly mixed into warm rice noodles.
Use a peeler to peel fine shreds of ginger, and then cut these into strips.